Saturday, November 19, 2016

Week 11 Reflection

According to chapter 22 of “Trends and Issues in Instructional Design and Technology” by Reiser and Dempsey mention several helpful experiences of becoming an active member of the IDT field. Through reading this chapter, I found it very interesting for me in particular lessons that I feel it relevant to my current or short-term future needs. So, in this paper, I will state three lessons that appropriate for my situation and I will describe some steps I can take for each that will help me develop myself professionally.
First of all, the most important lesson for me is lesson fifteen which is when preparing for a job interview, find out as much you can about your potential employers. I like that experience because I faced something similar of that situation. I applied for studying a master degree in my hometown in Biology and I prepared for the interview with five of the faculty of Biology department by reading more information about Biology major. However, the surprise is they asked me about something very far away from biology. I remembered the questions were very wide, general, and not objective. So, I conclude the interview of a job or opportunity to get a scholarship is very critical and requires preparation by knowing more about the member of the interview. I learn from that lesson that I have to spend a few hours learning everything I can about the employer—from as many sources as I can such website, articles, talking to friends and contacts, read current news releases, and, spend some time on Google. Often, I notice that candidates just look at the information an employer is pushing out via the website and social media, but fail to look more in depth at what others are saying. By doing so, I will get the larger picture about the employer and obtain that job easily.
The other lessons that I interested in are the lesson seventeen: let your professors know you are looking for a job and eighteen which demonstrates your professors that you do good work. I like those couple of lessons and I agree with authors they are very important and play a significant role in getting a job. Let me tell you about my friend who had a scholarship from our government to study a bachelor and master degree and he was ambitious to upgrade the scholarship and complete studying to get a Ph.D. degree but he could not do that for some reasons. However, he did not give up and he told his professors that he need an opportunity for a job or assistance for professors and he got it. So, I learn that lesson that whether I know someone who has my dream job or someone who works at my favorite employer, I will ask my professor to put me in contact with anyone I know who would be helpful to my job. Once my professor provides me with a contact, I will make sure to set up a meeting with that person as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment