Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Google Mapping Activity

The lesson plan that I would my students creates their own maps is Animals Around Us (Habitat).
I will explain for students the term of habitat, provide different types of habitats (pictures or video), and share with the student what the animals that can live in each habitat (by using flash cards).
The objectives of the lesson are:
1- Students will be able to define the term habitat using the textbook based on page 38.
2- Students will be able to discover that forests, deserts, wetlands, and grasslands are unique and separate habitats using flash cards in 20 minutes.
3- Students will be able to Identify animals that live in four different environments using Google map by doing 3/4 correctly.

I will design an assignment as a formative assessment for students to make sure they get the desired result that is connecting the habitat with the animal that lives there.
In the end of class, I will ask students to create a Google map, which includes four different types of habitat with four different animals.

This is example of the kind of map that I ’d expect my students to create:
Wolves: forests (Shawnee National Forest)
Camels: deserts (Black Rock Desert)
Frog: wetlands (Salt Marsh Nature Center)

Zebra: grasslands (USDA Forest Service, National Forests and Grasslands in Texas)

No comments:

Post a Comment